< Zentenism
Thursday, January 26, 2006

Looks for thought
I pondered over this during dinner. Those aquainted with me should know of my unique facial feature. Its quite common to have people sneer and make joke of it when they first know me. I believe I have turned these laughters in my advantage.

Upfront, I look fine. My eyes, noses and other features fall nicely in place. I even think that I look pretty good. Yet sometimes, when I do notice the exceptionally triangular profile of my face, I feel a little dismayed. With leniency, lets just say my side view doesn't look as best as it should. That leads to the question of the extent to which it really matters. Or does it?

I have considered the option of a Jaw Operation before. I have had third party opinion as well and they were quite varied. Is it necessary? To put forth such a question is to think of it as a matter of necessity rather than one of aesthetic value. Other than the potential to aid my slightly slurred speech, a surgical job does not serve any purpose. Looks wise, the debate goes deeper.

If I cannot accept my looks, how can I expect others to. It is a matter of pride to feel good about who you really are, about how you look, how you act and the like. I believe I have done well in this aspect. When I do get laughed at, I accept it positively as a joke and laugh at it too. It does show something. Afterall, if you can't fight them, join them. Prove that you respect yourself. Nobody looks perfect and hence a protruding lower jaw does not make me lesser than anyone else. When people first notice me, I believe this goes though their mind "wah". That draws them to me, giving the one opportunity to exhibit a different form of beauty. A form of beauty that exist as graceful finesse. One of character and class. That is how I have lived by. I may not be able to change my appearance (Actually I can, but its up to me to decide for or against it) but I can change the way others look at me.

What do you think?

- posted by zente at 2:59 AM


In Lucien's Library
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2009

navigation
ClubLifeZenZonManchiSarahAngelWongJuanYangZiYang

counter hit make
View My Stats