< Zentenism
Saturday, February 18, 2006

Spoilt
This is one for the list of the uncommon. She is downright spoilt. I am certainly not the first one to say so because her aunties who brought her up have said the same. Now, i finally got a feel of being the victim of her spoilt attitude. So far, I have only heard of parents branding their children with the terms "spoilt", "bu hui xiang" and the like. If it comes down to this, what right does she have at parenthood. She can't think, either because she refuses to or she is incapable. She is spoilt, because of her upbringing and the luxurious life she has been living since marriage.
I confess that if I am free, yet unwilling to fetch her around, I am in the wrong. Consider this: I have to bring her around to whatever place she wishes and waste time waiting for her. Am I a chaffeur? Am I? I am doing my part as a child, she should at the very least show appreciation and not take things for granted. Please note that the last 3 sentences were said in the nicest tone I can conjure. Point of information: Being born to her, I am obliged to be filial by social standards. That however, does not equate to me having to tolerate her nonsense.
Let me spell things out and paint the scenario that really pissed me off. My youngest sis went to do her project at JE library. Soon after, I drove back to camp. Seeing that its raining, I called my sis, telling her that if she needs a lift home, she can call me. As long as it is not around 9pm, I am willing to pick her up. Thats because I am still COS and possibly have to attend staff parade at night. So at eleven O'clock while I was already out of camp, my mom called me to scold me. Reason(nonense is a more appropraite word here) For taking the car. My dad can't fetch her as a result. She was yelling, saying that its almost twelve and that my sis have yet to come home. I thought she was still out at JEL, which certainly is a case for concern. I later learnt that she is at her friend's house. My mom's version of ther story? She is waiting for transport(her friend's mom to send her home). I called my sis and ascertained that she is still doing her stuff. Is she not home yet because she is still working? Was she waiting for transport? Or was she waiting for ME to fetch her? Either way, did anyone ask me to pick her, AT ALL. If you were wondering, NO, my mom did not ask me to fetch her. All she did was complain and make a big fuss out of the fact that I drove back to camp. So, question time: What is he point she is trying to put across? That she is bored because no one is at home? Or that I should permanently station myself at home so that I can chaffeur anyone anywhere. So what if I did not drive back to camp? My dad is drinkign at Farrer Road. Does it make a difference? Yeah, and when my sis left home for JEL, my mom didn't even look at her. She didn't even know where she was headed and what she was doing. Reason: She was researching her 4D. Applause.
I have saved the best for last. Her explanation of why my sis have to work at her friend's place till late is as such. My printer wasn't set up, so she had to take a long time working at her friend's place. Is that my job!? But that is besides the point. What kind of a reason is that? She simply cooked up a story to put the blame on me. Should the kettle at home blow up some day, it is probably because I failed to change the lights.

- posted by zente at 10:23 AM


In Lucien's Library
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2009

navigation
ClubLifeZenZonManchiSarahAngelWongJuanYangZiYang

counter hit make
View My Stats