< Zentenism
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Project Zhng My Room: Part 3


Yep. Thats a mirror with a black border made using cardboard and black paper. Neatly done eh? It covers the Xbox and also hides the plugs and wirings. Without question, the radio is only temporary. I am looking for one that is around 30 dollars with digital display, to be put inside the shelving.I saw one which changes channel when you shift the position of a metal ball resting on it. Now i am considering shifting the TV, or replacing it is a small LCD that can be mounted on the wall. Maybe a second hand one will do. Anyone interested in selling?

Anyway, I went shopping for all this stuff today and have found a couple of alternatives to the black coffee table seen earlier. The few that I saw are more elegant but expensive too. Now, I am deciding between grey, beige and black for the table. If I chose black, it will complement the small platform by my bed. Will go to Ikea tomorrow for more ideas. The boomerang above my sofa will soon be replaced by a piece of oil painting I bought today. Cost me 215 but its really quite nice. Even with that, I think my white wall is too plain. Shall look for something to complement the picture too. I also managed to remove one of the two boxes. Actually I am thinking of getting a piece of cloth to wrap the box or something to case it, so that I will eventually have a movable table for studying or playing boardgames..esp mahjong.

I also realised that my room lacks life. It's not totally cosy, neither is it cold metallic. It just feels stale. I reckon its due to the grey and beige which sets the theme of my room. I saw an alternative for my ugly grey dustbin. 59.90 for a small metallic one. Cool, but expensive!! I need a good combination of reflective solid colours. I think some flowers and metal decorations will negate the dullness too. Actually, I think I should make good use of the dragon candle stand I bought from Australia. Yeah, one more thing I will really change is the ugly looking chair I have. Swap it with the cool black chair that is being wasted in the Kitche. My mom puts newspaper on it. The thing with a black chair is that it REMAINS black. The white one just turns yellow. Lesson learnt. I might actually consider selling off my PC and replace it with a docking station for my VAIO. Haha...I realised I really love black. Black LCD, Black chair, black table, black border. Well, it will balance with the white wall and marble floor. Won't it?

The army poster and baby poster will be gone. Especially the army one. Gosh, you can just imagine what girls think of the poster..geez "Commanding respect, respecting command" Good statement. But...a no no for bedroom deco. As for the baby poster, haiz the baby is really cute but...it just got to go.

Yep, and my budget is 500 bucks for this entire zhng my room project. Haha. I am happy today. At least now I am certain I am not lesser than Boon Chin. Well, I never thought I was. Hell no. But I needed something as mandate. I just got it today. HAHAHAHA. Its time to choose an overseas Uni for exchange. Yeah! I am not KTF for nothing. Sentosa tomorrow. Orientation dinner on friday, so I guess I need a tan. Stay tune for part 4 on thursday, the painting will be here by then. Guys, give me some suggestions please, and please comment on the mirror thing which I just did. Yeah


- posted by zente at 9:54 AM


In Lucien's Library
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2009

navigation
ClubLifeZenZonManchiSarahAngelWongJuanYangZiYang

counter hit make
View My Stats