< Zentenism
Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cousin's getting married this weekend. I like my new white shirt from Esprite. Haha. Well, the guys quite good really. Before my uni days, I always though he is the symbol of success. At the age of 26, he is a captain drawing a pay of around 3.5k? can afford to buy his own car and house. Was a Saf scholar. Nice guy. I wasn't certain if I could achieve those standards.

Now, I am pretty sure. Unless things go wrong. Based on my performance now, I am quite confident that I can surpass the standard he has set. For that I am happy. My strong desire for achievements in terms of career and influence has led some to believe that I am "growing out of proportion". The truth is, I value success in a number of dimensions including career, power, family, social and emotional. And I do know what it means to be successful in each. I consistently kao beh myself for my lack lustre performance in school. Thats my way of motivating myself. But I definitely ain't negative. Because over the past 3 years, I have grown in terms of emotional stability. I am highly motivated on 4 out of 7 mornings. Come home feeling good and waiting to disturb my sisters. What most people do not see is that I have been making the effort to build a healthy circle of friends. We all know how important it is to have friends supporting you when you are down and low.

Success as defined above? I am pretty certain of it. But I ain't trumping the world yet. My philosophy still holds.
Aim to reach the stars knowing that you will be comfortable if you only reach jupiter. But at the same time, remind yourself that you are more than capable to hit the galaxies.

- posted by zente at 12:15 AM


In Lucien's Library
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2009

navigation
ClubLifeZenZonManchiSarahAngelWongJuanYangZiYang

counter hit make
View My Stats