< Zentenism
Friday, January 05, 2007

Haiz...another not so glorious entry.
Performance indicator for the day? 1.0/10
1 point for saying "suppliers" and for the decent shirt.

I can't believe I was dumbstruck. I couldn't fucking speak up in class. What on holy fuck earth is happening to me. In terms of knowledge, I definitely do not lack behind even if I am not the most knowledgable. All the nitty gritty techniques for speaking up, I have them all too. WHat the fuck? Was I shy in front of all my friends? Or was I just plain zero on confidence. Either way its totally unacceptable. I imagine how people like Janice Yeo will be speaking up in a class like this. Seems like I have everything but just not exhibiting them. Totally disappointed with myself. I am glad that this is a wake up call. Compared with people like her, I am way off the mark because I CAN"T SPEAK UP.

on another more encouraging note, maybe its the bad stomach. Maybe its the early morning. Maybe its just a bad day. This will not happen again. And you know what, from this day on, I will have a piece of plain paper and a pen with me to structure my thoughts and follow the class discussion. Objective for the term: To be able to speak structuredly, with confidence and look like I really know the stuff. It will begin with pen and paper mind maps.

I thought this would be a good way to initiate

1. Understand the main point of the discussion
2. Brain storm possible related case studies, stories, scenarios etc
3. Draw reference between what I know and the main point beging discussed
4. Identify my point
5. Subtantiate my points
6. Quick mental rehearsal
7. Speak up.
If this doesn't work, I will try again.

Dude. You have 3280 days, you better be making progress on every single day.

- posted by zente at 3:00 AM


In Lucien's Library
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2009

navigation
ClubLifeZenZonManchiSarahAngelWongJuanYangZiYang

counter hit make
View My Stats